2. Cut out a large cream colored triangle & a much smaller black triangle to use as the tip of the pencil. (I used a manila folder for the cream color.)
3. Glue the black triangle to the large cream triangle.
4. Cut out a large rectangle. This will become the eraser.
5. Tape the yellow sticks together for a quick hold.
6. Use the 6th (unpainted) craft stick & glue it to the back of the yellow sticks to hold them together. We glued at a diagonal.
7. Glue the triangle onto the end of the craft sticks & the rectangle to the other end.
8. Tape a small piece of ribbon onto the back to hang the pencil.
Done! It turned out to be a great start-of-school craft. Afterwards M1 added stickers to her pencil spelling out her teacher's name. She's so excited to give it to her tomorrow when we go in for Open House. Hopefully Mrs.B enjoys it as much as we do!