It's raining here this morning & it's supposed to continue ALL day! So why not create something that mimics the weather?! If you're one of the lucky ones with no rain today, this is still a fun & messy craft that little ones are sure to enjoy! I got this idea from a crafty friend of mine...
Supplies- *Paper Plate, *Small Bowls (for mixing), *White Shaving Cream, *Black & Blue Paint, *White Paper, *Small Yellow Paper, *Scissors, *Glue, *Spoon, *Paint Brush, *Tape, *Ribbon (Not Pictured)
4. Allow little hands to mix well.
5. Spoon the mixture onto the paper plate. Use the paint brush to spread the grey cloud mix all over, covering the entire plate. *Rinse the brush as soon as they've finished.
6. Set aside & allow a few hours to dry.
7. While the cloud is drying, your little one can get started on the rain drops. Use the blue paint to cover an 8 1/2 X 11 piece of paper & allow to dry. (If your little one is really ambitious, they could paint the other side of the blue paper also. That way when they spin around while hanging, both sides would be blue.)
8. Once it's dry, cut out a few rain drops & use the yellow paper scrap to create a lightning bolt. (Again, depending on the age of your child you could have them do the cutting.)
10. Hours later, once the cloud has set- Use ribbon or string to tape hang the drops & lightening bolt from the dark cloud.
11. Hang to display their very own rain/thunderstorm!!