2.08.2011

Heart Mitten Garland

I found the inspiration for this adorable craft HERE on the blog Two Straight Lines. I thought it would be a fun project for M1 & I to do together. After we started, I quickly realized it was a bit difficult and ended up doing most of it myself. M1 definitely helped & it turned out great!

Supplies- Red/White Construction Paper, Newspaper, Glue, Red Ribbon, Scissors, Hole Punch
1. Cut out several (we did 7) mitten shapes. I just did this free hand but if you're interested there are 100's of templates on the web. The mittens are approx. 8 inches long.
2. Because the newspaper is very flimsy, I glued each of the mittens onto white construction paper & cut them out as well to reinforce them a bit.
3. Using the red construction paper, cut out as many small red hearts as there are mittens.
4. Glue the hearts onto the mittens. M1 was glad to finally be able to help a bit!
5. Use the hole punch to punch out holes around the exterior of each mitten. (Another step that M1 enjoyed... they really liked all of the small circles that the hole punch created. Homemade confetti!)
6. String the red ribbon through the tops of each mitten & you're done!
We hung ours in the entry to our sun room & it looks great.
Definitely a fun winter-like Valentine decoration.
Enjoy! s.b.

2 comments:

  1. Cute and simple! I like it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! My little man would love this. Great idea

    ReplyDelete