9.21.2010

M2's Apple Craft

We are LOVING the cooler temps & fall-like weather. It is my favorite time of the year. There are so many festive things to do together as a family as we approach Halloween & our new house being completed!!! This past weekend we decorated Grandma's house (our current home) with pumpkins & other fall decor. The girls are thrilled! We also made our first trip to the apple orchard to pick apples. Since then, we've been eating lots of apples... apple crisp, squash & apple bake, apple bread, etc. It's so fun. Today while M1 was at school M2 & I decided to continue with the apple fun & make one of her own.

Supplies: Red/White Construction Paper, 1 Small Paper Plate, Glue, Green or Brown Paint, Paint Brush & Scissors
1. Cut 1 inch squares of red paper... enough to cover the entire plate.
2. Cover the paper plate with glue.
3. Begin placing the red squares all over the plate until it's covered.
4. Paint your little one's hand green (as seen below). After I did this, I realized that an apple stem is actually brown. So if you want to be correct, use brown instead!
 
5. Stamp his/her hand onto the white piece of construction paper. Allow to dry.
6. Cut out the handprint & glue it to the top of the "apple."
Another creation from M2... I can't believe she is big enough to be crafting with me already. (She'll be 2 in January) Although we miss having M1 around Tues/Thurs. morning while she's at school... we also enjoy our time with just the two of us!
Enjoy! s.b.

8 comments:

  1. Oh how lovely! I especially like the little handprint stem and leaf! We've been having tons of fun with play dough recently, and I declared Thrusday, 23 September Joyful Mama's Play Daough Day. It would be lovely if you and the two M's would join us. More info at http://joyfulmamasplace.blogspot.com/2010/09/oh-to-play-with-dough.html. We had so much fun crafting 'with' you during the World Cup - it would be great if you would join us for this, too! Lots of love from South Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Sara! You are so creative and so helpful to me!! My kids will love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww that is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is having so much fun. Really nice. I am your new follower. You can follow me back at http://showmemama.blogspot.com. Make sure you leave a comment so I know you visited.

    Have a great weekend
    ShowMeMama

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pictures with those sweet little hands! Precious!

    Thanks for linking up to Home and Family Friday and for you really kind comment!!!

    Becca
    becca-homeiswheremystorybegins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable idea. I am a kindergarten and first grade teacher. And a friend of mine who knew I was looking for Fall crafts sent me over here. I may just use this idea next week.
    Ginger~

    ReplyDelete